Kabocha Squash Chips
- 1/2 medium kabocha squash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 275°.Slice the squash as thinly as possible with a knife, or preferably, a mandoline. The thinner the slices are, the crisper they will be in the end. Put the squash slices in a bowl and toss with the oil and salt to coat.
- Spread out the slices on a cookie sheet (or two) in a single layer (it is best to lay them down one by one). The slices can be quite close to one another, as they will shrink during cooking but can’t be overlapping.
- Bake the squash slices for 30-45 minutes checking them often and turning them after 20 minutes. They should be dark brown, but not black. The darker they are, the crisper they will be when they cool. Remove the chips from the cookie sheet and spread out on a paper towel to cool. At this point, you may season with additional salt or spices if desired