Hummus & Tahini
- 2 cans cooked chick peas/garbanzo beans
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini*
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 table sp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, gently heat garbanzo beans to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Run garbanzos and garlic through food processor until creamy.
- Add the lemon juice, tahini, salt, and EVOO.
- Process the mixture again to incorporate ingredients.
- Serve on a large plate, garnish with crushed red pepper and parsley.
*Tahini recipe follows:
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread out sesame seeds on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 6 – 8 minutes, stirring thoroughly halfway through; they will be fragrant, but do not let them brown.
- Cool sesame seeds for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer sesame seeds to food processor and add salt.
- Pulse for 4 to 5 minutes while you slowly drizzle the oil into mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. The final product should be very smooth.
Store your finished homemade tahini in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.