Green Chile "Souffle"
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chile peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Lb. breakfast sausage, browned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of dish with green chiles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice more. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Add sausage. Pour egg mixture over chiles and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.