Steak with Gnocchi and Haricots Verts
- 12 Oz Gnocchi
- 8 Oz Haricots verts
- 1 Lb Hanger steak about 1/2-inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 3 Tbs Unsalted butter
- 1 Shallot
- 2 Tbs Flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs Capers, drained
What To Do With Them
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add gnocchi and cook undisturbed until they begin to float, about 3 minutes. Reserve cooked gnocchi
- Add beans to water after reserving gnocchi, cook for about 1 minute then reserve with gnocchi. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Season steak with salt and peepper. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, flipping once, until deeply browned on moth sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side ofrmedium-rare. Transfer to cutting board to rest for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium. Add butter and let it melt. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add gnochi, beans, and reserved cooking water. Bring to a simmer and cook undisturbed until liquid is reduced and "saucy", about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, capers and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak and serve with gnocchi and beans.