Sriracha-Lime Grilled Watermelon
Grilled watermelon? You'll have to try it to believe it. I was blown away by how good this is. It doesn't keep well in the fridge, so eat it up as it comes off the grill. BTW, you'd have to have a screaming hot cast iron grill to get the deep black sear marks on the watermelon as shown in the picture. Just do the 1 to 2 minutes per side called for in the recipe and they'll be good even without the sear marks.
- 8 1-inch thick seedless watermelon wedges
- 1/2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/4 Tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 Tsp sugar
- 1/4 Tsp lime zest
- 4 lime wedges
- Mix salt, sugar, and lime zest together
- Rub watermelon wedges with oil and Sriracha sauce
- Prep your grill for direct heat
- Grill watermelon until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side
- Transfer to a serving platter
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar, and lime zest. Serve with lime wedges.