From The Pioneer Woman
- 12 ounces, weight Bowtie Pasta, Cooked According To Package Instructions And Drained
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Sliced Or Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning Or Herbes De Provence
- Salt To Taste
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 jar Good Quality Marinara Sauce, 14-16 Ounce Size
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 12 whole Basil Leaves, Chiffonade Or Chopped
- Extra Cheeses And Basil, For Serving
Putting it All Together
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and herbs. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add onions and garlic to the same skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add broth, then scrape the bottom of the skillet to loosen the bits. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to let the broth reduce.
- Add marinara sauce and red pepper flakes, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked and drained pasta, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, and basil. Add the cooked chicken on top. Toss to combine, then add more of any of the above ingredients until the sauce is just how you like it.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan and a little basil on top.