Prosciutto Jalapeño Poppers
- 12 fresh jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded sharp cheddar
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, sliced down the middle for 24 strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the jalapenos in half and scrape out all of the seeds and ribs. Discard seeds and ribs. (Use gloves while handling the jalapenos because the oils will sting, even after washing your hands)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, ½ cup cheddar cheese, and spices. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the jalapeno halves.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons cheese. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the stuffed jalapenos. Wrap each jalapeno half with a slice of prosciutto and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft and the prosciutto is crispy. Enjoy every delicious bite!
For The Grill
Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise; if you don't want them too hot take out all the seeds. Stuff with cheese, wrap the pepper and cheese with prosciutto. Cook over direct heat long enough to char the bottom, move them off heat and cook until tender, don't let the cheese cook out.