- 4 cups pomegranate juice, OR
- 4 pomegranates
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
What to do with them...
- If you have the juice already, add it to a saucepan, along with the sugar and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer. After an hour check the consistency. It needs to be very thick and may take an hour and fifteen minutes or 1 1/2 hours.
- To make pomegranate juice, slice the pomegranates in half, then place a large pot in the sink. Hold the pomegranate seed-side in the palm of your hand, with the back of a wooden spoon, strike the skin-side of the pomegranate hard, fast and repeatedly until all the seeds have been popped out. It should take about 10 or 20 seconds to do each half after you get the hang of it.
- Remove all the white connective tissue from the seeds that you can, then in a sieve, rinse under cold water. Place the seeds in a blender and blend until well-juiced.
- Pour juice through a sieve into a saucepan, you should have about 4 cups.
- Return to step 1. above.