Pesto Potato Chip Salmon
Adapted from IowaGirlEats.com
- 1 Lb fresh salmon filets (Wild-caught, please. Steelhead is also an excellent choice.)
- 1 packed cup fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts (Walnuts, pecans, or cashews can step in as well.)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips (Use about 3 cups of the unbroken chips. I put mine in a gallon ziplock and pounded them down, you can zip them in a food processor if you wish.)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Arrange one oven rack in the middle of the oven, and another under the broiler. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a half sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Lay the fillet on top and season.
- Combine basil, nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until ingredients are finely chopped, then slowly stream in EVOO while processing until pesto is smooth. Add fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon pesto on top of salmon filet, then add potato chip crumbs. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes on the lower rack, then turn on the broiler and move pan to the top rack. Broil until potato chips are golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.