Recipe from the Gunflint Lodge
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless walleyed pike fillet or 2 1/2 lbs other lean white-fleshed fish fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- green onion (optional)
- Spray a 15x10x1 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and stir in garlic and lemon juice. Rinse fillets. Cut into 6 servings, if necessary.
- Sprinkle fish with Romano cheese and cover with bread crumbs. Drizzle the fish with any remaining garlic-lemon butter. (Fish may be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated up to 1 hour).
- Bake in 450 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until flakes easily. Transfer fillets to warm serving platter and garnish with green onion.