- 2 ears fresh corn (2 cups kernels) or 1 can drained sweet corn
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- Remove husks and silk from corn. With a sharp knife, slice the kernels off each cob into a bowl, you should have about 2 cups kernels.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder. Make a ‘well’ in the center of the flour mixture. Crack the egg and pour the milk into the well. Briefly whisk with a fork and then whisk into the flour until just combined. With a spatula, fold in corn kernels.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium/low with 2 T olive oil. Add tablespoon butter. When the oil is hot, spoon batter into skillet to make 2 inch fritters. Cook 3 minutes until the sides of each fritter is beginning to cook, then flip and cook another 3 minutes. Add tablespoon butter.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Add more oil if necessary before making more batches.