Bruce Paltrow's World-Famous Pancakes
Recipe from: My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness by Gwyneth Paltrow
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cane or turbinado sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- About 1/2 cup whole milk
- Maple syrup
Half Batch Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, 3 tbsp melted and cooled butter, and buttermilk in another bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. (Small lumps are fine.)
- Cover batter and let rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a large greased griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add milk to batter until it reaches desired consistency; the more milk, the thinner and more delicate the pancakes.
- Working in batches of three pancakes, spoon batter onto griddle or skillet. Cook until surface of pancake is covered in bubbles, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden, about a minute or 90 seconds.
- Drizzle with warm maple syrup and serve.
- Let cast iron pan heat slowly on stove on lowest heat while you prepare ingredients
- Cook at no higher than low/medium heat
- Use 1 tsp of shortening to oil pan just before starting to cook batch