Chicken Lo Mein
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Oz. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sherry or vermouth
- 1 Lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Oz sherry or vermouth, 1/2 Oz Mirin combined
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 Oz uncooked linguine
- 1/4 pound medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 package fresh snow peas
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs canola oil, divided
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and sherry or broth until smooth. Add chicken and stir to coat; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon granules in hot water; set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms, snow peas, red pepper and green onions in 1 tablespoon canola oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken mixture in remaining canola oil for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in vermouth/mirin mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables to skillet.
- Drain linguine; add sesame oil and linguine to skillet. Toss to coat. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Yield: 3 servings.
Found at Food.com: http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-lo-mein-16570