- 4 ounces uncooked multigrain linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Grilled chicken breast - optional to boost servings or for more oomph
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 or 4 large basil leaves, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.
Yield: 2 servings.