- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 bananas, finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and sugar.
a. Place the butter out on the counter for at least an hour, or until it becomes room temperature. (This gives you time to measure out the rest of the ingredients in your recipe and preheat your oven.) The butter should feel soft, but not warm or melty. How do you know when it’s at room temperature? Give it a poke! If your finger leaves a little indent, your butter is ready, and so are you.
b. Slice the butter into cubes, and put the cubes in a large mixing bowl. Beat the butter with a wooden spoon until it is soft.
c. Add your sugar(s)to the butter and gently mash it into the butter with the tines of a fork. With your wooden spoon,stir the butter and sugar(s) until they are light and fluffy. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the mixture off the sides of the bowl periodically. The butter is "creamed" when it has almost doubled in mass and it has lightened to a yellowish-white color.
- Add eggs and crushed bananas.
- Combine well.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Keeps well, refrigerated.