Baked Spaghetti - Splasagne
- 1 Lb. spaghetti
- 1 Lb. ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 Med. onion
- 1 26 Oz. jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- Grated parmesan to taste, (at least 1/3 cup)
- 3 Tbs. EVOO
- 1 to 2 Cups ricotta cheese
- About 4 cups shredded mozarella cheese
Cook spaghetti according to package directions
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef/sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain meat and stir in spaghetti sauce.
In a large bowl, whisk the egg, paremesan and EVOO. Drain spaghetti and add to egg mixture - toss to coat.
Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Top with half of the ricotta, meat sauce and mozzarella. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until cheese is melted and brown.